True Form, Third Form, or Awakened Form for Special Cats, is the third evolution of many cats. True Form Cats are different from the Evolved forms because when a cat enters its True Form stage, there is a change in health, attacking power and possibly abilities.
Currently, only Normal Cats, Special/EX Cats (purchasable cats and some exception), and some Rares, Super Rares and Uber Super Rares (with the 5.0.0 update), which account for 1/3 Units in the game have this additional form.
Changes in True Form
Below are all possible third form upgrade in the game (update version 6.6.0)
All Normal Cats get an increase in both health and damage, and some get a slightly longer recharge speed. However, some get abilities:
- Gross Cat: Strong against Aliens.
- Bird Cat: Might reduce Angel attack power. (20%)
- Fish Cat: Gains chance to Critical Hit. (2%)
- Titan Cat: Might knock back all enemies except Metal. (30%)
- Actress Cat: Increased attack rate and higher health.
- Kung Fu Cat: Increased attack range and damage.
- Mr.: Increased movement speed, gains Zombie Killer.
- Bondage Cat: Increased health and gains chance to survive a lethal strike. (50%) Ignores warp effects in True Form.
- Dom Cat: Strong against Red and Black enemies, and faster attack speed.
- Cats in a Box: Decreased movement speed but increased attack range and gains chance to weaken Black enemies. (50%)
- Panties Cat: Gains area attack.
- Tricycle Cat: Decreased summoning cost. (50%)
- Ninja Cat: Slightly decreased movement speed but decreased summoning cost. (25%)
- Zombie Cat: Gains area attack, now strong against Zombies and gets the Zombie killer ability.
- Samurai Cat: Might slow the movement of all enemies except Metal. (10%)
- Sumo Cat: Increased movement speed, gains knockback immunity.
- Boogie Cat: Might knock back all enemies except Metal. (5%)
- Skirt Cat: Increased attack rate and gains the Barrier Breaker ability (30%)
- Flower Cat: Gains area attacks and increases chance to freeze Black Enemies. (100%)
- Catburger: Increases range.
- Hikakin: Appearance change.
- Magical Healer (Merc Storia): Gains area attack.
- Valkyrie Cat: Might stop the movement of all enemies except Metal. (35%)
- Bahamut Cat: Much faster speed, decreased recharging time, and faster attack rate, but decreased range and more knockbacks.
- Golem (Castle & Dragon): Increased Slow chance (20%).
- Singer Cat: Faster attack rate and increased attack damage.
- Kerihime (Princess Punt Sweets): Increased damage and movement speed.
- Droid Cat (Google Android): Decreased recharging time.
- Adult Cat: Gains uber-long distance attacks, but can't hit enemies in front of it and has a longer attack animation.
- Evil Cat: Decreased cost (66%), Barrier Breaker (30%) and increased freeze chance (40%).
- Doll Cats: Does a level 1 Shockwave. (100%)
- Maiden Cat: Greatly increased health and immune to Freeze effect.
- Koi Cat: Gains increased movement speed and Area Attack.
- Madam Bride: Greatly increases health, has Warp Blocker and can survive a lethal strike. (100%)
- Vacation Queen: Slightly longer attack animation, but greatly increased attack speed, increased attack range, and may knock back Red enemies.
- Vengeful Cat: Gains uber-long distance area attacks.
- Kung Fu Cat X: Gains Warp Blocker, increased attack power and attack speed.
- Sports Day Cat: Increased range and Warp Blocker, but longer attack animation.
- Salaryman Cat: Increased health and attack power, and gains the Strengthen ability, but more easily knocked back.
- Reindeer Fish Cat: Increased health, gains area attack.
- Pirate Cat: Increased range, health, and grants a greater chance to knock back Red enemies.
- Bishop Cat: Increased health, damage and range. Also gains area attack.
- Viking Cat: Greatly increased health and gives area attack.
- Fortune Teller Cat: Increases health and gives a greater chance to knock back Floating enemies.
- Shaman Cat: Increases attack damage, attack range and Freeze duration.
- Wheel Cat: Increases attack damage and range, decreased recharge time.
- Jurassic Cat: Increases attack damage, health, attack range and a higher chance to perform a Critical Hit (5→7%)
- Archer Cat: Increases health, attack power, range, and movement speed.
- Pogo Cat: Increases damage, survival lethal strike become 100%, and cheaper deploy cost.
- Paris Cat: Increased attack power and immunity to weaken.
- Swordsman Cat: Increases health and damage.
- Witch Cat: Increases health, range, and Slow effect time.
- Thief Cat: Increases damage and range; also gain area attack.
- Tin Cat: Increased health, attack power, and range, but slower movement speed.
- Stilts Cat: Increased health, attack power and knockback chance.
- Mer-Cat: Increased health and movement speed, and gains area attack, but slightly slower attack speed.
- Psychocat: Increased health, attack rate and movement speed.
- Cat Kart R: Gains the multi-hit ability and increased attack power.
- Takuya and Yuki (Annihilation City): Increases health and money gained when defeating an Enemy.
- Swordsman (Castle & Dragon): Increases its Strengthen effect.
- Horsemen Cavalry (Castle & Dragon): Increases movement speed.
- Ashura (Castle & Dragon): Increases movement speed.
- Battle Balloon (Castle & Dragon): Increases attack range.
- Dragon Rider (Castle & Dragon): Increases attack damage.
- Pretty Cat (Castle & Dragon): Increases its Stop effect (5%→10%)
- Cyclops (Castle & Dragon): Increases attack range.
- Akio Yabe (Power Pro): Gains area attack, the ability to perform wave attacks and has increased health and range, but loses multi-hit and has less damage, a slightly longer delay between attacks and a longer attack animation.
Super Rare Cats
- Sushi Cat: Doubled health.
- Bath Cat: Increases health and attack speed.
- Bodhisattva Cat: Increases range and gives it a chance to weaken Floating enemies.
- Cat Toaster: Increases health, attack damage and its Slow effect. Also gains Barrier Breaker.
- Hip Hop Cat: Gains Warp Blocker, massively increased health and attack power, and a higher chance to slow Red enemies.
- Nerd Cat: Increased attack damage and a 100% chance to slow non-Metal enemies.
- Apple Cat: 100% Freeze chance, gains Area Attack.
- Juliet Cat: Increased attack range and Stop effect duration.
- Surfer Cat: Increased health, Freeze chance (30%→40%) and lethal strike. (50%→100%)
- Kotatsu Cat: Increases damage and gains the ability to block Shockwaves.
- Crazed Cat: Increase in speed, attack power, and health.
- Crazed Tank Cat: Increases speed and health.
- Crazed Axe Cat: Attack power and health increased.
- Crazed Gross Cat: Increase in Shockwave level and stamina.
- Crazed Cow Cat: Greatly increases movement speed.
- Crazed Bird Cat: Range is increased, as well as attack power.
- Crazed Fish Cat: Increase in attack power and health.
- Crazed Lizard Cat: Range and attack power increases.
- Crazed Titan Cat: Increase in stamina and chance of Shockwave.
- Sleeping Beauty (Princess Punt Sweets): Increased health and damage.
- Aoi Hayakawa (Power Pro): Grants Long Distance ability, increases range and attack animation, but decreases time between attacks.
- Mizuki Tachibana (Power Pro): Increases range and attack animation, but decreases time between attacks.
- Hijiri Rokudo (Power Pro): Increases health, range, and attack animation, but loses attack and the Multi-hit ability.
Uber Rare Cats
- Nekoluga: Higher attack power, and gains the ability to stop all enemies except Metal.
- Tecoluga: Increased range, higher chance to critical hit.
- Asiluga: Much longer range (750 -> 1250).
- Togeluga: Increase in health, knockbacks, triggers greater attack power at 99% health, and gains immunity to Shockwaves.
- Balaluga: Increased Freeze duration (70f - 90f), gains a Weaken by 50% ability (for 180f).
- Kubiluga: Gains a 100% chance to perform Critical Hits, but loses the ability to knock back enemies.
- Ice Cat: Increase in health and range - 100% chance to freeze Red Enemies.
- Cat Machine: Increase in health, range, movement speed, and gains the ability to stop shockwaves.
- Lesser Demon Cat: Greatly increases attack power and stamina.
- Marauder Cat: Increases health, damage, range, and critical rate (40 -> 50%). Also immune to knockback ability.
- Baby Cat: Better health and range - able to release level 2 Shockwaves.
- Nurse Cat: Increases health, damage, range and speed.
- Sanada Yukimura: Increases attack damage and movement speed.
- Maeda Keiji: Increase in health, range, attack speed, triggers greater attack power at 50% health, and gains immunity to Shockwaves.
- Date Masamune: Increase in range, damage, and health.
- Takeda Shingen: Increased health, damage and attack range. Still attacks only Blacks and Aliens.
- Uesugi Kenshin: Increased health, movement speed and health.
- Sodom: Increase in health, range, speed, a slight decrease in attack intervals - 100% chance to knockback Floating Enemies.
- Megidora: Increase health, movement speed, attack power and range.
- Vars: Increases health, attack damage and attack range.
- Kamukura: Increase health and range. Reduces attack pause as well.
- Raiden: Increase in range and speed. Becomes strong against Red Enemies.
- Dioramos: Increases health and chance to knock back and slow Angels to 100%. Also gains a 100% chance to break Barriers.
- Windy: Increases attack, health, range and speed.
- Thundia: Increases attack power, health, range, and movement speed.
- Kuu: Increase health greatly, damage and range, reduces attack pause and gains Weaken immunity.
- Kai: Increase health and speed greatly and attack. Becomes immune to knockback.
- Coppermine: Increase in health, damage, range, and a 75% chance to stop Floating Enemies.
- Kalisa: Increased damage and range.
- Momotaro: Raised attack power, health, range, speed, and a 40% chance to stop Red and Angel enemies.
- Princess Kaguya: Increase health, damage, and range. Also has a 100% chance to slow Angels and Metals.
- Urashima Taro: Doubled health, increased range and damage. Becomes immune to Weaken.
- Akira: Strong against Alien enemies and is immune to Shockwaves.
- Mekako Saionji: Attacks now do massive damage to Alien Enemies - 100% chance to slow Alien enemies, too.
- Warlock and Pierre: Increased stats and immunity to debuffs, but can only attack Aliens and enemy bases.
- KHM48 (Princess Punt Sweets): Increased freeze duration, in addition to reduced recharge time and time between attacks.
- Crazed Kerihime (Princess Punt Sweets): Increased health, attack range and ability effect.
- Saber (Fate/stay night: Heaven's Feel): Increased health, attack damage and range.
- Subaru Hoshi (Power Pro): Increased health, attack damage and range, but a slightly longer attack animation and delay between attacks.
- Miyabi Oyama (Power Pro): Increased health and damage, along with immunity to wave attacks.
- Saki Nijima (Power Pro): Increased health and damage and grants immunity to slow effect.
How to unlock True Forms
|Category of Cats/Cat Unit||How to Unlock|
|Normal Cats||Use Cat Tickets to upgrade Normal Cats to level 20+10.|
Special Cats (purchasable);
Monthly Event Cats
|Beat the Awakening Stages.|
|Valkyrie Cat||Complete Into the Future - Chapter 2.|
|Bahamut Cat||Complete Into the Future - Chapter 3.|
|Crazed Cats||Beat the Manic Stages.|
|Gacha Units||Collect a certain amount of Catfruit and a certain amount of XP (200k for Rare, 500k for Super Rare, 1 million for Ubers)|
The Battle Cats POP!
Normal Cats will evolve to their True Form at level 20 in The Battle Cats POP!. There are no other True Forms currently available.
- Hikakin is the first Serial Code Cat to have true form upgrade.
- This is the first cat that does not have its enemy counterpart and its own awakened stage.
- Droid Cat is the first Rare-class cat and the first Collaboration Event cat to have a true form upgrade.