Suburbs of the Dead is the 34th sub-chapter of Stories of Legend, added in version 5.6.0. This sub-chapter, such as the name implies, revolves around the Zombie enemy type as a main focus in a majority of the levels.
Suburbs of the Dead features the same enemies that may appear in the Zombie Outbreaks that occur in the first chapter of Empire of Cats, though this is the first time they appear in Stories of Legend.
- Zoge - Zombie Variation of Doge, with the ability to burrow and will revive after death with 50% of it's original HP remaining, which are traits shared among almost every Zombie enemy (bar Zyclone and a few others that regenerate 100% health when reviving).
- Znache - Zombie Variation of Snache, has the ability to Revive and Burrow with new AoE attacks. Has an abnormally long burrow distance.
- Zackie Peng - Zombie Variation of Jackie Peng that can revive and burrow.
- Zroco - Zombie Variation of Croco that can revive and burrow with incredibly high stats, and with a 30% chance to weaken Cat unit damage by 50%.
- Zomboe - Zombie Variation of Hippoe that will revive and burrow, but with slower attack rate and considerably increased damage.
- Zigge - Zombie Variation of Pigge that will revive and burrow, though has higher stats and the a 30% chance to knockback Cat Units.
- Zir Zeal - Zombie Variation of Sir Seal that will revive and burrow, with slightly higher attack and health compared to Sir Seal. Also has a 20% chance to freeze Cat Units.
- Zory - Zombie Variation of Gory that will revive and burrow, but unlike other zombies, Zory will respawn with full HP instead of 50%.
- Zang Roo - Zombie Variation of Kang Roo that will revive and burrow, and like Zory, will respawn at full HP.
- Lord Gravey - This zombie enemy is, alongside Zyclone, the only zombie enemy that does not burrow, though he can revive once. Gravey has relatively low range, but has very good stats all-around and has a 100% chance to knockback Cat units.
Suburbs of the Dead features six stages, much like many end-game SoL chapters.
- Stage 34-1: Home Sweet Mausoleum: Once the enemy base is damaged, tons of Zoges and a few Doge Darks will spawn. Be wary, as the respawning Zoges can harm your frontline when they're attacking the base if they do not die behind the enemy base.
- Stage 34-2: Swamp of Sacrifice: THE SLOTH appears with assistance from constantly spawning Znaches and Zackie Pengs to support. The stage width is fairly small, so be on watch for any burrowing Znaches trying to attack your base.
- Stage 34-3: Dungeon of Dreams: One of the two levels in the chapter that doesn't feature a zombie enemy. Sunfish Jones and two Berserkorys team together with Gabriel. All of the enemies will spawn without damaging the enemy base, and the stage width is one of the smallest in the entire game, so small that Sunfish Jones can cover almost the entire stage.
- Stage 34-4: Revenant Road: Zrocos, Zomboes and B.B.Bunnys will attack when the level begins so you can build cash. When the base is damaged, a Bun Bun Teacher will spawn with assistance from a Zir Zeal.
- Stage 34-5: Ghostlight Gardens: Camelle, H. Nahs and Brollows spawn in swarms on a timer. Outlast the Brollows for 50 seconds and dispatch of Camelle and H. Nahs as normal. Can be cheesed by Maglev, Manic Lion, and Awakened Bahamut.
- Stage 34-6: Silenced Meowing: The level opens with Shadow Boxer Ks and Gory Blacks. Once the base is damaged, Lord Gravey and many other zombie enemies spawn to assist, namely Zang Roo and Zory. A large stack of ranged units is recommended to hurt Gravey and his support. Every enemy in this stage is 200% magnified.