River Styx is the mission to find the event enemy named Hannya which is a Shy Boy (Red) with a creepy mask which has become a demon. The map is quite long but he has nearly the same range as Sunfish Jones and damage that nearly KO'S any of the Basics, Specials and Crazed except for high level Jameira and Islands. The supporting enemies are what make this a challenge as they are easy pushers, especially the R. Ost which can easily wreck havoc. This is pretty much an endurance battle where a mistake can lead to disaster and tragedy.
- Row 2: Crazed Wall Cat, Eraser Cat, Island Cat, Crazed Whale Cat, Awakened Bahamut
- Cat Combos: Lion King (Strong Effect UP (Sm)), Three Kings (Unit Defense UP (Sm))
- Row 1: Maiden Cat, Koi Cat, Madam King, Lion Cat, King Dragon Cat
- Row 2: Eraser Cat, Crazed Whale Cat, Island Cat, Crazed Dragon, Awakened Bahamut
- Cat Combos: Lion King (Strong Effect UP (Sm)), Three Kings (Unit Defense UP (Sm)), Seasons of Love (Strong Effect UP (M))
- Note: This strategy requires Level 30 Crazed Cats and high-leveled basic cats.
Powerups: Rich Cat (Optional but helpful), Treasure Radar (Only if you are able to beat the stage)
Start off by deploying some Crazed Whales (For Lineup 1: and Crazed Walls) to stall the Hannya, while also upgrading your Worker Cat to about Level 3 or 4.
When the first Bore arrives, stop deploying Crazed Walls and start deploying Crazed Whales and Island Cat only to damage the Bore (and Crazed Dragons and King Dragon and [For Lineup 1: and Macho Legs] only if you have the money) and continue slowly upgrading your Worker Cat. Killing the Bore before R. Ost arrives is crucial as dealing with them both will be extremely troublesome.
When the Bore is defeated, continue deploying Crazed Whales and Island Cat to deal some damage to Hannya. When R. Ost arrives, stop deploying Crazed Whales and Island Cat and start deploying Erasers (For Lineup 1: and Crazed Walls) as meatshields, and deploy Awakened Bahamut, Crazed Dragon, King Dragon (For Lineup 1: and Macho Legs) to damage the R. Ost, while continuing to slowly upgrade your Worker Cat. Awakened Bahamut should easily take R. Ost down.
Start sending only Crazed Whales and Island Cats out to damage Hannya. Repeat the above when the Bores and R. Ost arrive and you should be able to win the stage eventually.
Note: Manage your money properly and do not unnecessarily deploy troops, or it may result in your loss.
- Line Up 1: Jiangshi Cat, Lion Cat, Maiden Cat/Wrestling Cat, Madam King, Koi Cat, Crazed Dragon Cat, Macho Legs Cat, Island Cat, Crazed Whale Cat, Awakened Bahamut Cat.
- Cat Combos: Strong Effect Up +20% and +10%.
- Used Cat Levels: Normal Cats: 20+50, Crazed Cats 40, other: 30.
- Battle Items: Treasure Radar (if necessary), Rich Cat, Sniper the Cat (optional)
- Begin the battle with spamming Island Cat and Crazrd Whale Cat, do the same when the first Bore appears, as the Whales and Islands will deal with them just fine.
- Start to spam Jiangshi Cat when the R. Ost is about to appear. Stop spawning Islands and Whales but Macho Legs and Crazed Dragons instead.
- The first R. Ost will not be killed when the second Bore appears, start to spawn Islands and Crazed Whales again, if the player has Wrestling Cat, her ability will help blocking both of the Bore and R. Ost for a bit.
- The second bore will be killed first, then the first R. Ost, only spawn Island and Crazed Whale to damage Hannya until the second R. Ost appears, do the same strategy to deal with it. If timed correctly, Awakened Bahamut will do some decent damage to it, using his second form is also help when dealing with both of them.
- The player will beat Hannya before encounter the third Bore, or the third R. Ost.
- Line Up Row 1: Kiss and Koi, Maiden Cat, Madam Bride, King Dragon Cat, Lion Cat,
- Line Up Row 2: Jiangshi Cat (30+3), Paris Cat (40+5) , Crazed whale (40), Island (20+36) and Divine Kuu (30).
- Battle Items: Rich Cat, Sniper Cat and Treasure Radar (optinal)
- Send out nothing until the first Bore come out, when that happens use Crazed Whale and Island to kill it and the Ginger Snaches.
- Once the Bore is defeated keep spamming Crazed Whale and Island. When R. Ost comes out, stop spawning Crazed Whale and Island and spawn Kuu, Jiangshi and Paris. Send Kuu out after R. Ost is hittng the Jiangshi spam, keep doing this and done you now have Express Cat.
- Line Up Row 1: Jameira Cat, Dancer Cat, Beefcake Cat, Lufalan Pasalan, Paris Cat (40+10)
- Line Up Row 2: Jiangshi Cat (40+19), Maximum the Fighter (40+13), Crazed Whale (30), The Peach Devils (36), God-Emperor Kamukura (40)
- Battle Items: Rich Cat, Sniper Cat (optional) and Treasure Radar (optional)
- Cat Combos: Resistant Effect Up S (No Stage Fight), and Unit Defense Up M (Arm Day Everyday)
- At the start of battle send out Maximum the Fighters and Crazed Whale Cats for stall and defeat the Ginger Snaches and the 1st Bore.
- When R. Ost appears, start spawning Jiangshi Cat and Paris Cat. You can also send out either of Peach Devils and Kamukura, or even Lufalan Pasalan (kinda risky but may OHKO R.Ost given a high level and damage).
- Repeat the pattern for stalling R. Ost and Bore with Jiangshi and Maximum the Fighter midbattle, while keeping tabs on calling the occasional Kamukura and Peach Devils to beat them alternatively.
- This strategy focuses on giving the extra "stop" and "slow" effect to Bore and Hannya, so it may have some issues with other strategies, while giving high damage to R.Ost and Bore too. This one is also kind of slower than the others but it will kill around 4-5 R.Ost and Bore, in the run. (there's another strategy but I'll have to review it, it was noted down.)
Strategy 6 (Ft. Kasa Jizo)
- Line Up Row 1: Madam Bride , King Dragon Cat , Lion Cat , Roe Cat , Awakened Bahamut
- Line Up Row 2: Eraser Cat , Crazed Wall/Manic Eraser , Kasa Jizo , Island Cat , Crazed Whale/Manic Island
- Battle Items: Rich Cat (Crucial), Treasure Radar (Optional)
- Level Requirements: All Basic Units at least +45 (If you don't have Manic Eraser/Manic Island, you must have +50), Hypermaxed Crazed, Hypermaxed Jizo, A. Bunhat (30), Roe Cat (35)
- Send out 3 Manic Erasers at the start.
- When Hannya spawns, spam both islands and send out Roe Cat
- Do this until R. Ost spawns
- When the demon spawns, kill all Ginger Snaches and let A. Bunhat, Kasa Jesus and King Dragon kill him, don't forget meatshields.
- When R. Ost dies, chances are Bore has already spawned, kill him and then move on to Hannya.
- Keep on spamming both islands & Roe Cat until Hannya dies. (Please note, he won't die the momen't the 2nd bore is down)
- The R. Osts and Bores from then on will be very easy to deal with.
Strategy 7 (Ft. Pai-Pai and The Peach Devils)
- Line Up Row 1: Madam King, King Dragon,(20+30) Lion Cat, Eraser Cat,(30+25) Crazed Wall/Manic Eraser (20)
- Line Up Row 2: Island Cat (20+30), Crazed Whale (20), Awakened Bahamut (30), Pai-Pai Z (40), The Peach Devils (30)
- Powerups: Rich Cat (Required) Sniper Cat (Optional)
- Use Crazed Whale and Islands to stall Hannya. When Bore is realeased, use Erasers and summon Pai-Pai. (Continue spamming Crazed Whale/Islands)
- When R. Ost comes out, Use Peach Devils and King Dragon, along with Erasers and Pai-Pai. If you want, try to time an A. Bahamut.
- After R. Ost is gone, use Pai-Pai to kill Hannya.
- Rinse and repeat if more Bores/R. Osts spawn.
- ONLY use Sniper if no Peach Devils/Pai-Pai are on screen and R. Ost is a threat.
- The enemy's base HP is composed by two "666", believed to be the "Number of the Beast".
- The River Styx is a river from Greek Mythology which makes the boundary between the Earth and the Underworld. Source and more info.
+ Rich Cat