Oncoming Maelstrom (Japanese: 天罰 Tenbatsu, Lit. Divine Punishment) is the fourth level in the Cyclone Stages. It appears every saturday.
- Divine Cyclone first appears in this level, along with other angel-themed enemies including Gabriel and Heavenly Hippoe.
- There is an Angel Fanboy which appears during the boss fight to remind the player that Angel Enemies, specific to the Divine Cyclone can't be affected by anti-floating effects.
- It is highly advised to have some sort of Anti-Angel Cat in your setup.
Lineup: Macho Cat, Tank Cat, Samba Cat (or any other disposable meatshield), Stilts Cat, and Crazed Bahamut Cat
With Stilts Cat, this stage becomes laughably easy as Stilts Cat can easily stun-lock Divine Cyclone into never getting an attack. Therefore, heavily spam Stilts Cats, while sending out meatshields and Bahamut Cat as needed.
(If you have any of the Ultra Souls, use them in their basic form; they'll be very helpful in this fight)
Kasa Jizo eats this stage, if you have him, bring him as your main offensive force for an easy win. Otherwise, bring along Toaster, Stilts, or Juliet. For your other cats, bring in fast damage-dealing cats such as Crazed Bird, Rocker, Jamiera, The Flying Cat, or Crazed Fish, along with 3 meatshields: Crazed Cat, Eraser, and Crazed Tank. If you do not have Eraser, you can sub it for Crazed Axe. Bahamut won't survive long, but still bring him in anyways. Kalisa can help very much in this battle as well; In the main battle, stall the Gabriels and Heavenly Hippoes as much as you can to level up your wallet and to build up money. Once you are maxed out, send out your meatshields (Wall, Crazed Wall, etc.) along with your attackers and anti-angels. Once Divine Cyclone comes out, constantly stall it and hope your anti-angels initiate their abilities. Try not to send too many meatshields if Divine Cyclone happens to be constantly frozen or slowed all the time; they can hog up space for your damage-dealing cats. Continue this and you should be able to kill the Cyclone and win.
If you happen to have Momotaro, this stage becomes incredibly easy. Spam him in his unevolved form with meatshields and heavy attackers and every enemy in the level will be frozen forever.
This strategy uses no True form Cat, however needs several specific Cats:
- 3 cheap meatshields
- Rocker Cat (and other angel resistant Cats - I used Urashima Taro in his unevolved form)
- Stilts Cat
- Paris Cat
- Bahamut, and other heavy attackers (I used Anubis).
When the stage begins, spawn a few Stilts and 1 or 2 angel-resistant Cats while upgrading your wallet. After you wallet is at MAX and your wallet is full, spawn Bahamut and a slow-moving heavy attacker, then spam Stilts and angel-resistant cats. When your Cats reach halfway through the stage, spam everything. Your cat capacity should be full before reaching the enemy base, and full most of the time.
When the Cyclone appears, spam your Cats with the following priority: Stilts, meatshields, Angel-resistant Cat, heavy attacker.
Hopefully the Stilts Cat will keep your base safe for a while. When your heavy attackers and Bahamut die, the Cyclone will slowly move to you base, and if the spam priority is kept up, hopefully you will have enough time to spawn another Bahamut or another heavy attacker and kill the Cyclone.
- If the player can stack 4 or 5 pairs of Juliet Cat and Cat Toaster, the Divine Cyclone will be nearly stopped. Bahamut Cat is the main attacker. The player should not use any kind of knock back effects with this line up.
- Begin the battle, spam meatshield Cats to protect the Cat Base, spawn as many anti-angel Cats as possible. However, the player should save up money for a Bahamut Cat to speed up the boss fight.
- If the player can spawn at least 8 anti-angels out, the Cyclone, and any other peons that rush to their effective range, will be stopped, or slowed down.
- This is the first level that introduces Angel Enemies.