Jail Break Tunnel (脱獄トンネル datsugoku tonneru) is the 18th chapter in Stories of Legend. It is available in ★, ★★, ★★★ and ★★★★ difficulty. This sub-chapter was added on July 25th, 2014 - update version 2.3.1 of Nyanko Daisensou.
If you don't have Crazed Cats and some of your units' True Forms by now, then oh, boy, prepare for the hardest sub-chapter up to this point. The last 2 stages are probably the hardest (Pitfall Zone and The Great Escaper), since the former has a ridiculous amount of THE SLOTHs and the last stage has the infamous Ururun Wolf. Stage 3 has a bunch of Kories and for Stage 4 you'll need Critical Hitters to beat the Sir Metal Seal. Either way, there are 4 insanely hard stages.
This chapter introduces two new enemies:
- Sir Metal Seal, a powerful Metal variant of Sir Seal with high attack power and very high health compared to previous Metal enemies.
- Ururun Wolf, a boss enemy that appears in the final stage. Has very high stats and long range, but gets knocked back a lot and has somewhat slow attacks.
- This sub-chapter starts the trend of having unlockable bosses as Cat Units in a Stories of Legend sub-chapter.
List of Stages
This sub-chapter contains 6 stages.
- Stage 18-1: Sin and Punishment - Lots of Mooths are spawned to fill up the player's wallet. When the enemy base is attacked, multiple R. Osts will appear.
- Stage 18-2: Prison Sentence - A buffed Shy Boy serves as the boss, with Doge Dark and B.B.Bunny appearing as peons.
- Stage 18-3: Harry Tunnel - Duche, Gory Black and Owlbrow are constantly spawned throughout the battle. When the enemy base takes enough damage, up to three Kories can be seen.
- Stage 18-4: Dead Falls - Sir Metal Seal serves as the boss, with support from Sir Seal and Metal Hippoe, and a swarm of H. Nahs if the player takes too long.
- Stage 18-5: Pitfall Zone - The Face serves as the first boss, and Director Kurosawah serves as the second boss, with a group of THE SLOTH assisting them. If the player can't complete the stage fast enough, Assassin Bears will appear. The Face and THE SLOTHs are spawned as soon as the battle starts.
- Stage 18-6: The Great Escaper - Ururun Wolf serves as the boss, with R. Ost, Bore and Shadow Boxer K appearing as support. If the player can't complete the stage fast enough, Assassin Bears will appear. Upon completion, players have a 3% chance to unlock Ururun Wolf as a cat unit (Guaranteed if a Treasure Radar is used).
- This is the first Stories of Legend sub-chapter to have a Cat Unit drop.