The level starts by spawning a Scissoroo and a few Kroxos and Shibaliens. After attacking the base, a huge group of the three is spawned. After a while, more of the same eniemes are spawned, only this time with a few Black enemies mixed in. Eventually, the Aliens gradually get replaced by a horde of black enemies.
Fast AoE attackers will work well.
You must use meatshields, Paris, C. UFO and some heavy attackers. When you get enough cash and you have summoned your main attackers, turn on Cat CPU. Good luck!
Note that if you have Takeda Shingen, the Twinstars, Kasa Jizo or Mission Control/Mekako Saionji, this stage becomes immensely easier. Remember that the Scissoroos are not the main threat of the stage BUT the Black Enemies later on are so if you are having trouble with the very first part of the stage then go back and collect treasures. Black enemies also have their own treasures so if your having trouble with them go back and collect those treasures especially ones in Cats of the Cosmos because at this point of the game you should’ve completed CoTC by now.
This is a luck-based based stage that requires high-level Normal and Crazed cats, so the strategies below are not entirely wrong but might not work even if you follow every single step. If they're not working, the most likely reasons are that your cats aren't a high enough level or you were just plain unlucky.
Line Up: Cat, Gold Cat, Catburger (if you don't have gold cat, use another cheap meatschield with the same speed), Paris cat, Polevaulter cat (important, but the level is doable without her/him) and 5 more units of your choice; do not use Ramen Cat, Solar Cat, Seafarer Cat, any Wall Cat or Titan Cat variant, Psychocat nor anybody else with short range or alien target, focus on units with area attacks and quick attack speed, with decent range and/or stamina (or extra cheap meatshields, if you feel unsafe, but it isn't recommended), if you bring ubers, remember that in their pause between attacks the enemies will advance, and if these ubers cannot keep them at distance simply get rid of them.
Bombercat and Ururun are recommended, the ultra souls Urashima Taro and Princess Kaguya help a lot with high attack speed, also the combo "Spearfight" involving the latter and Valkirie helps, since both components are very good to bring anyway, for the Vajiras the best ones are Takeda Shingen (misses a lot, but allows the regain of terrain often), Date Masamume (not tested, but he should do a great job) and Uesugi. From other sets there are few ubers that can really help. If you have Kasa Jizo or the Twinstars you are probably not going to have problems, but an inefficient strategy may still cause trouble.
- The first part is easy, all you need to do is spam Cat and Gold Cat by alternating them, this way you'll keep the aliens at bay while you start stacking up some polevaulters, add some Catburgers and Paris every once in a while, if the enemies are pushing too much, make sure that the Polevaulters are sufficiently protected.
- When the blacks start coming spam everyone, make sure that Cat and Gold Cat are always summoned in an alternated pattern for the whole battle (never quickly summon the 2 one after the other, wait for one to be 50% ready to be summoned again then summon the other etc.) and summon everything you have whenever you can.
- If you arrive at the blacks part with 5 Polevaulters, they will likely keep the HP of the incoming enemies close to knockback point, allowing the other attackers to do their jobs and continuously knock back the enemies so that they will not push too much onyour defences, otherwise you may lose terrain and some attackers.
- If you lose, try to understand why, if the blacks were not being Knocked back enough, it may be due to the lack of area DPS, solve the problem by adding attackers and NOT meatshields. If you can hold the position but the enemies slowly push back and breack trough, add a long ranged uber or improve the stamina of your attackers by replacing them with better ones.
- What should be happening is for the blacks to be knocked back before getting to close or after taking out few meatshields, they have a strong pushing force that makes meatshielding quite ineffective, so you must rely on damage delivered continuously to keep your lines safe, otherwise you have no chance.