Battle Cats is a tower-defense and strategy game developed by PONOS and it was first known as Battle Cats from November 15th, 2012 to January 10th, 2013, when it is the last updated and was deleted in both the Google Play Store and the App Store. On February 6th, 2013, version 2 of the game: にゃんこ大戦争 (Nyanko dai sensō) was released but was only available in Japan. On September 17th, 2014, the English Version reappeared under the name The Battle Cats. It has improved a lot since the old English Version and translated materials from the Japanese Version. At September 16th,2016, the game had reached 25 million downloads worldwide.
The game's original form, which only had 3 Chapters (now known as the Empire of Cats saga) and the Challenge Mode. There were no Gachas and Events yet.
- Nyanko (the game's initial name before ver. 2.0)
- Battle Cats (the old English version, which was an alternative version of Nyanko)
All the original materials were moved to a new title combine with new features.
- Nyanko Daisensou (Japanese Version's name since ver. 2.0)
- Tobidasu! Nyanko Daisensou (Nintendo 3DS version of Nyanko Daisensou)
- The Battle Cats (the current, official English Version, also known as Battle Cats version 2, now becomes the alternative of Nyanko Daisensou)
- The Battle Cats POP! (Nintendo 3DS version of Nyanko Daisensou, probably an English-translated Tobidasu! Nyanko Daisensou)
- 냥코 대전쟁 (The Korean Version, roughly translate into Nyanko Great War)
- 貓咪大戰爭 (The Chinese version)
<this section needs more references.>