Clash of Steel (Merciless) is one of the possible follow-up stages that the player can access after completing An Elder Secret (Merciless), the first stage in Growing Strange. Completing this stage yields an Elder Catfruit Seed, with a very small chance of an Elder Catfruit. This stage is based around Metal Enemies.
- All enemies in this stage have a strength magnification of 300%.
- Metal Doge appears as a peon.
- Metal One Horn appears after 17 seconds.
- After attacking the enemy base, Sir Metal Seal appears as a boss with support from Super Metal Hippoe, Metal One Horn and more Metal Doges.
- There are two more Metal One Horns, which appear after 20 and 40 seconds, respectively.
- Metal Doges spawn every 30 seconds.
This can easily be called the hardest metal based stage in the game, or a close second, so don't assume that it's going to be easy as it is a follow up stage.
There are 3 kinds of strategies for this level
- Use ubers that can easily stall metal foes (Poseidon can almost permafreeze if you stack 2 and time them correctly) and slowly kill with some crit. hitters.
- Don't waste space for stallers and only bring one very strong anti metal, hoping for RNG and spamming everything your money allows you to spam as meatshields, even units that aren't normally used for this if you have plenty of money.
- If you don't have good anti metal or if you would need too many of them to complete this level, you can just focus your army for other growing strange follow ups that require the addition of less focused units. (this isn't a strategy to beat this level, but it can be the best choice sometimes)
- If you dont have any strong anti Metals like Paladin or Poseidon and don’t feel comfortable having the majority of your deck being anti metal, it is completely fine to skip this stage. (we very very very highly recommend to ignore this stage and do the first stage again to get a much easier stage.)