The player can go to battle when tapping the "Start Fighting!" button on the Cat Base Menu.
This is where you battle to earn XP and get treasures! You will see a map (see the battle menu picture) where you can navigate and choose to the stage you wish to play by flicking left or right. Generally more stages will be available as you progress.
- Right small yellow button = Energy : Shows you your remaining energy. Energy will automatically recover over time (starts at 1 point per minute, energy will recover faster as more treasures collected). Clicking on this button, you can fully recharge by using 30 Cat Food. You can enable/disable notifications when energy is fully recovered at the Setting menu on the Title screen.
- Right large yellow button = Attack!: Starts the battle at the chosen stage.
- Icons = Items: Select power-ups that you want to use in battle. Each item has a different effect on your battle. From left to right: Speed Up, Treasure Radar, Rich Cat, Cat CPU, Cat Jobs, Sniper the Cat & Item-Lock (locks your favorite chosen items, so that you do not need to reselect everytime you play a new stage). If you are defeated and choose to Continue, chosen items will carry over as the battle continues.
Your goal is to destroy the Enemy Base (on the left) and protect your Cat Base (on the right) by using increasing money reserves in battle to produce Cat Units. As you earn money, you summon Cats by tapping on their icons.
- Top-right = Money Earned/Wallet Size: These values shows the amount of money you currently have and the maximum value your wallet can keep.
- Bottom-right = Cat Cannon: You can damage all enemies in range by using the Cat Cannon, it fires a laser beam and takes time to recharge. As you upgrade the power of the cannon, it will take longer to recharge.
- Bottom-centre = Cat Units: This part shows all the Cats you equiped. Tap a Cat to summon, each Cat have different recharging time. Do a up or downwards flick to view the next row if you equiped 6 or more Cats.
- Bottom-left = Worker Cat: Tap to increase earning speed and wallet size. Max level is 8.
- Black sun in the sky = God Cat: Tap for miracles to aid you in battle, at the cost of Cat-Food.
- Screen Zoom: you can zoom in and out by pinching the screen using two fingers.
- Top-left = Pause/Options: Change music/sound settings or view Help here. Tap the bottom yellow button to leave the battle.)
- Escape: If you leave the battle under the first 10 seconds, your energy and Items used for the stage will be refunded. If more than 10 seconds have passed in the battle, Energy and Items will not be returned.
When losing a battle
When you lose the battle, a window will offer an option to continue the stage with all enemies pushed back to the left side and maxed Worker Cat at the cost of 30 Cat Food. If there is an enemy boss, this window will show you its remaining life in %. Tap 「はい」/YES to take up the offer and 「いいえ」/NO to refuse. There are some levels that do not allow continuing the battle.